Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My path, created by God


The past year has been life changing in the life of Karie Anne.  I think God has a completely different plan for me, one that shows me that I have been on the wrong path for years??  I have stated in other posts that I am a childcare/ preschool teacher in a daycare.  I have worked with children all of my life, and in childcare for over 10 years.  This came to a VERY abrupt halt this past Friday.  I was given an ultimatum, pay  an outrageous amount of my income towards childcare for my 2 year old, or quit my job of 5 years.  So... I quit my job.  This is something that I am VERY upset about, torn if you will.  I am very attached to not only the kids in my class, but the staff that I have worked with over the years. I feel that I am being treated unfairly, it is not a decision that I wanted to make at all.  If it were up to me, I would still be there.  I loved my job! 
God has another plan for me.  This is something that I am trying so hard to accept... and figure out what the job may be.  I introduced (in my last blog entry) the start of Enraptured Embrace.  If it were not for EE, I think I would be a lot more lost than I am right now.  I am also going to pursue my interest in photography.  This is something that I have wanted to do for a REALLY long time, and actually have the time to do it now.  I think that I have a little TOO much time on my hands, though. 
At this point, I am doing a whole lot of praying!  Praying for a sign of what is next... I feel like I am suffocating with worry.  I have never NOT had a job, and had I known this was coming, I would have prepared myself financially.  God has provided my husband with a successful job, and we are thankful for that.  There are so many people that are out of work, the economy is sinking, and I am struggling to keep the faith that WE won't be next.  I have always looked at the bright side of things, even when the bright side is a tunnel with a train slowly approaching.  I will continue to look at the bright side... I have God in my corner.  I have healthy children, a home, food, a car and loving friends and family.  I really have it all!  God won't let me drown, and if I start to sink, HE will pull me back up. 
God Bless you and as always, thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Karie;

    I am so sorry to hear about your job loss. I know that must be very hard on you. I will keep you in my prayers as you move on in your journey. I don't think there are any wrong paths, just sometimes dead ends. We learn something on each road we travel. Sometimes the paths we take are just to put us in contact with someone that we need in our lives or someone that needs us. Don't ever feel that you have wasted your time. Sometimes we don't know why we were sent in a certain direction. Keep you chin up and have faith.

    BIG HUG!!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete